Outreach Best Practice Workshops and Sessions
Best Practice Workshops
As part of the Europlanet 2020 RI project, we are holding a series of best practice workshops and Outreach Innovation Days:
A Europlanet Outreach Innovation Day was held to coincide with the European Week of Astronomy and Space Science (EWASS) 2016 in Athens on 4th July 2016.
A two-day workshop, “Touching the Planets, Evaluating Excellence” will be held in Athens on 2-3 July 2018
Outreach at EPSC and other Europlanet meetings
Since its foundation, the European Planetary Science Congress (EPSC) has included a stream of outreach sessions.
EPSC 2018 will include 6 outreach sessions:
- Planetary science as an example of Science communication in society
- Europlanet Public Engagement Prize and Funding Scheme Showcase
- Towards the International Lunar Decade
- Immersive visualization of planetary data
- Astrobiology Outreach and Dissemination – A contemporary challenge and an opportunity for educators, policy advisors and scientists.
- Planetary science and exploration outreach through Arts.
EPSC 2017 in Riga included four sessions related to outreach. The presentations, abstracts and some pictures can be found here.
An outreach best practice session was held during the Europlanet Summer School 2017 on 25th July 2017.
Outreach Best Practice Sessions at EWASS
In collaboration with the Royal Astronomical Society, the European Astronomical Society and the European Space Agency, we have also co-convened two outreach best practice sessions during the European Week of Astronomy and Space Science (EWASS).
Report on “Making the Case for Astronomy – Engaging with Policy Makers” session at EWASS 2018 in Liverpool
Report in Astronomy & Geophysics Magazine on “Making the case for European astronomy and space science: public and political engagement” session at EWASS 2017 in Prague.